Folded laundry looks and feels amazing, but most of us do not love the folding procedure. There are also a few steps that you need to follow so that the folded look appears neat and professional. Let us share these steps for your ease:
1. Check for moisture: Never fold and store anything if it’s wet or moist. It’ll end up smelling and building bacteria which is not good at all.
2. Know your space: Keep an area separate for towels; know if you’ll be stacking them one over the other or if you’ll be making a bouquet in a basket.
3. Know your Collection: Know the types of towels you have, their sizes and colour Depending on your space, you can either keep each size separate or colour coordinate them.
4. Smoothing out: Smooth out the towels as you fold. This will help prevent wrinkles from forming.
5. Lay them out: If you like home decor and want to try out different styles, try lying your towels down and then fold. This makes the process of smoothing and folding very easy!
6. The “Don’t Rush” Challenge: I know we need to get done with it and get to other work, but if you rush, you won’t get the nice final look. If you have an open storage space or want the corner to look decluttered, then take your time and fold your towels.
7. Towel Storage Factors: Try folding your towels in different ways, and you will notice not every fold goes with the space you have. With trials, you will understand that the space you need depends on the following factors:-
- Type of towels
- Size of towels
- Size of storage area
- Usage of each towel type
Here are some of the ways you can fold your towels.
1. The Professional Feel- works well for body towels.
- Lay your towel on a flat surface.
- Fold a long end toward the middle of the towel. Once finished, fold the other long end toward the middle.
- Fold each of your short ends toward the middle, but make sure you leave a little bit of a gap between these two ends.
- Fold the towel in half.
2. The Bouquet or Pastry Stack- looks cute for hand and face towels.
- Lay your towel down and fold it in half.
- Either make a roll of it and store it in a basket or place them one over the other in your cupboard.
3. The “Hangman”-
- Lay the towel out on a flat surface and fold the long sides of the towel into the middle.
- Fold the towel in half by the short sides.
- Fold one of the short ends into the centre
- See where you fold the short end depending on the size of the towel and how you want it to hang.
Let us know how you like folding yours!